Re: Stitching horse for leather work

  • Jeff Johnson
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
      Hmmm...

      Familiar...
    • Michael Houghton
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
        Howdy!

        On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:21 PM, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:
        > Its basically a giant clamp to hold the work together, so you have
        > both hands free to work the needle. most of the ones i see are stand
        > ups, where you put a foot down on wood to hold it shut. This one
        > seems of the sitting style, probably using the knees to clamp together
        > the wood clamp.

        It looks like there is a pedal for the right foot attached to the black
        strap that draws the clamp together.

        yours,
        Herveus

        --
        Michael Houghton | Herveus d'Ormonde
        herveus@... | White Wolf and the Phoenix
        | http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
      • leaking pen
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
          you are right. i missed that. thanks!

        • conradh@efn.org
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
            On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
            > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
            > it's turning out great!

            It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
            you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

            If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
            hinges, pins or whatever.

            Ulfhedinn
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
              I'll attach a drawing....

              On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
              > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
              > it's turning out great!

              It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
              you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

              If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
              hinges, pins or whatever.

              Ulfhedinn

            • Jim Hart
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 23, 2008
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 9, 2008
                  <baronconal@...> wrote:

                  > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
                  > it's turning out great!
                  >

                  > I just wanted to share picture....

                  > the clamp is 5 1/4" wide....
                  >
                  > All that is left is the hardware and final sanding...
                  >
                  > I've got a guy that might be able to make the metal parts for me...
                  >

                  > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                  >
                  > Aude Aliquid Dignum
                  > ' Dare Something Worthy '

                  Very nice! I do some leather work myself. Question: why is the clam
                  canted off center? I do all my stitching with a portable pony straight
                  on left and right.