Milk Paint ( General Finishes )

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2008
      I've just tried milk paint out.... I like it.

      It's drying right now... Probably will not get a second coat on
      tonight.

      I was hoping I could get by with one REALLY thin
      coat but it's not covering up some flaws that I filled
      ( with bondo - great wood filler for painted wood ) and
      some lettering on the wood... ( 2 x 10  legs )

      I'm replacing my personal banner stand that ended up
      as a tourney prize last year...

      http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/ConalOhAirt/?action=view&current=bannerstand1.jpg

    • Jeff Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2008

        http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/ConalOhAirt/?action=view¤t=bannerstand1.jpg

        > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
        >
        > Aude Aliquid Dignum
        > ' Dare Something Worthy '

        Suggestion: put on a coat of boiled linseed oil on top of the milk
        paint. The color will totally "pop".

      • Jim Hart
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2008
          > Suggestion: put on a coat of boiled linseed oil on top of the milk
          > paint. The color will totally "pop".

          I did.

          Looks great!

          Thanks!!

          Pictures soon....

          ( no more helpful suggestions, I have to have
          it ready for Saturday! ;) )