Recent Projects - Benches, Table, Bed

  • Derek Meisenhelder
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2008
      I haven't posted to this group before (although I've been reading for a few years now) but I thought that people might be interested in seeing some photos of recent projects.

      I got on a building kick before Pennsic this year and made a number of pieces to bring out there (I'm in the West).  I posted pictures and descriptions in my LJ account so hopefully people can access them:  http://derek072.livejournal.com/9976.html.

      Some modern fasteners were used since they needed to break down for shipping and then for storage (they'll be living in storage at Pennsic) but things like the benches were permanently glued up after arriving at war.

      I'd love to hear any comments or feedback that people have.

      Thanks,

      Derek

    • James Winkler
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2008
        Hey Derek...

        Checked out the pics...  nice lookin' pieces... and, at least from the pics, I can't *see* any modern fasteners so I think it meets the "10 foot pole rule"...  (... hey... and when it's beer-dark-thirty at Pennsic and the torchlight flickers low... bet it looks cooler still...)...

        The stool has a very nice look to it...

        Rock on...
        Chas. Oakley

      • Derek Meisenhelder
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2008

          Thanks.  The fasteners are all positioned so that they can only be seen from the bottom when the pieces are upside down.  Nothing is visible from normal use.  It's mostly stuff like screws up through the rails to hold the bench tops on instead of doweling them.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 26, 2008
            Great job.  I'll bet your camp looked great at Pennsic.

            Mary Rose