painting instead of staining

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2002
      I've got access to some scrap plywood
      and I'm trying out an idea that I have
      been playing around with for chests that
      stack together to make them easier to
      transport. Variations on your basic 6
      board bench/chest theme.

      Painting is a much more period finish
      than stain and I can hide the plywood
      better by painting anyway.

      So.... who has any info on period colors
      and on what types of things would be
      painted on a chest in the late 14th cen?

      =====

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • vinlandar
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2002
        Heh, with regrets, your Lordship, it's a bit after my time. ;-)

        BR,
        Charlie

        --- In medievalsawdust@y..., Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@y...>