Re: [MedievalSawdust] Furniture book

  • nelsonhaynes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
      I picked it up used a few years ago. It's a real nice reference.

      Nigel

    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
        Same here, A nice book.  Has an annoying tendency to want to make things at weird angles in a few of the examples, but there are several period pieces.  I used it when I taught a class on the subject at Pennsic a couple of years ago.

        -Rhys

        --
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
          Yes - I have it.  It was one of the first books in my library.

          It doesn't tell you anything about period woodworking techniques, and only about half of the projects are from the medieval/ren period.

          But it's a good study on one way to take images in paintings and turn them into useable furniture, esp if you are willing to use modern tools/techniques.  For the posted price of $10, I'd say it's worth it, if the shipping from Britain isn't a deal-breaker.

          Will