Furniture book

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
      Anyone else have this book?

      Masterpieces

      http://tinyurl.com/masterpiecesbook

      http://www.antiqbook.co.uk/boox/pea/604.shtml

      pulled it off the shelf the other day and thought I'd mention it here..

    • Rebekah d'Avignon
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
        Had not heard of it, but found it on Amazon for prices starting at $0.19 + s&h.

        Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
        Anyone else have this book?

        Masterpieces

        http://tinyurl. com/masterpieces book

        http://www.antiqboo k.co.uk/boox/ pea/604.shtml

        pulled it off the shelf the other day and thought I'd mention it here..

        .

        RdA
        Tools alone do not a craftsman make.

      • nelsonhaynes@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
          I picked it up used a few years ago. It's a real nice reference.

          Nigel

        • Dan Baker
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
            Same here, A nice book.  Has an annoying tendency to want to make things at weird angles in a few of the examples, but there are several period pieces.  I used it when I taught a class on the subject at Pennsic a couple of years ago.

            -Rhys

            --
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2008
              Yes - I have it.  It was one of the first books in my library.

              It doesn't tell you anything about period woodworking techniques, and only about half of the projects are from the medieval/ren period.

              But it's a good study on one way to take images in paintings and turn them into useable furniture, esp if you are willing to use modern tools/techniques.  For the posted price of $10, I'd say it's worth it, if the shipping from Britain isn't a deal-breaker.

              Will

              pulled it off the shelf the other day and thought I'd mention it here..