Remember the spinning wheel discussion?

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Howdy...

      Well... no kidding, there I was scrounging around the internet for information on fulling mills and I stumbled across a website that has a bit of tantalizing info in it:

      Unfortunately there isn't any attributions but there is a picture of a drawing of 'the earliest known spinning wheel"...  c. 1420

      An interesting design...

      Chas.

    • Joseph Hayes
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        --- James Winkler <jrwinkler@...> wrote:
        > Unfortunately there isn't any attributions but there is a picture of
        > a drawing of 'the earliest known spinning wheel"

        I belive we discussed that one already. Check out:

        and
        http://www.his.com/~tom/Images/wheel.jpg

        Ulrich

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
          HUH...  damn if we didn't....  no kiddin' folk, I gotta get out more...  Winking smiley emoticon
          Chas.
        • Joseph Hayes
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
            --- James Winkler <jrwinkler@...> wrote:
            > HUH... damn if we didn't.... no kiddin' folk, I gotta get out
            > more...

            And you wanna take on more work... You might as well log off now and
            come back in two years. ;)

            Ulrich

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • James Winkler
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
              >> And you wanna take on more work...  You might as well log
              off now and
              >> come back in two years.  ;)

              Ulrich

              HA!  I got plans... Winking smiley emoticon  Now that the ol' fingers' are more or less back to functioning order I need to get back in my shop... got boards to cut and things to make...  (... and besides, its good therapy after dealing with 'stuff' all day...)