Re: Mitre Saw Stand

  • Ron Jachim
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
      I'm building one like this:

      http://www.shopnotes.com/plans/miter-saw-station/

      It will still end up on a roll around shop cart most of the time, but
      I could haul it around and set it up on anything
    • Jim Engebretson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008

        I also need a miter saw stand. I’m deciding on either buying the Rockler 28” leg table or just build one.  Over the years, Shopnotes magazine issues had several plans throughout the years. The first question that I would ask is whether or not the stand needs to be portable for transporting to job sites or will it be for a hobby shop. Second question – locking wheels or no wheels. You may also want to look at Fine Woodworking web site.

        Jim Engebretson

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
          For me, one of the key features for a miter saw stand is the support
          for long stock. This thread got me looking at what's available, since
          I never seem to get around to building the rolling stand that I've got
          plans for.

          What weems to be a good deal in folding "portable" miter saw stands is
          the Grizzly H7657. The extensions seem sturdier than other offerings
          and the price is pretty good. Like most Grizzly products, it might be
          a little heavy for some, but that usually comes with durability.

          http://www.grizzly.com/products/h7657

          Yours in Service,
          Eirikr
          aka Eric