Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Dovetailing

  • Rebekah d'Avignon
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2008
      Jealousy is so hard to hide. In one of my magazines at the back where they put 1 or 2 page fun stories was an item titled "A Dovetail a Day". The writer wasn't satisfied with his handcut dovetails and resolved to use some of his scrap wood and cut one - just one - dovetail joint every day. After cutting each joint and fitting it together he would write the number of the day on it......ie, day one, day two, etc and keep them on a shelf. After cutting the one marked Day 30 he compared it to the early ones and saw a marked improvement.

      So this woodworker asked, "How do you get to be a Laurel?"
      The answer: "Practice, practice, practice."
      (Laurel is an honor bestowed on those who achieve a level of excellence in their chosen craft.)

      kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote:
      I WILL reiterate the cameraman's comment;

      That's disgusting.

      KirkD

      .

      RdA