Re: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for Savonarola chair plans

  • barondevin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2008
      Master Charles also has these two. Perahps one of them is more to your liking?

      http://www.mastercharlesoakley.com/coff_chair.html

      http://www.mastercharlesoakley.com/peacock_chair.html

      The second one is much closer to the currentmiddleages.org chair.

      Devin

      From: "Corwyna of Freswick" <corwyna_freswick@...>
      > Good day,
      >
      > I am a long time lurker, though this is my first time posting.
      > I am working with another person to construct Baronial thrones. Thier
      > Excellencies decided on the Savonarola style chairs, but I am having a
      > hard time finding a good set of plans.
      >
      > So far I have found
      > http://www.mastercharlesoakley.com/foldstool.html - which is an X
      > chair. Similar in style, but not quite what I am looking for.
      >
      > http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chair115ct.pdf - Right style,
      > but not a lot of detail on the contruction side.
      >
      > Anyone out there have any better sources? The chairs will more than
      > likely be made of of red oak.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Corwyna

    • Wolf
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2008
        Good day, Corwyna!

        I second Baron Devin's suggestion of the chair at
        http://www.mastercharlesoakley.com/peacock_chair.html

        However, I would recommend that you follow the advice given for the
        faldestoel and make a prototype (or three) of pine first, unless you're
        one of those rare fortunates who somehow manage to "get it right the
        first time". It's better to find "oh crap" moments with relatively
        inexpensive wood!

        At best, you'll end up with some serviceable chairs for your own
        encampment. At worst, there's always the satisfaction of bashing them
        into kindling and making something really useful!

        Wolf
        (who has been responsible for more than a few bonfires!)