Foldling Stool

  • i_griffen
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2008
      Greetings All

      I don't know if Baron Conal is still on this list. I finished a
      folding stool that I found that was presented by Baron Conal.

      Baron Conal would you email me off list i_griffen @ yahoo.com (remove
      spaces) i have a couple of questions.

      YIS
      Iain Griffen
    • Jim Hart
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2008
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "i_griffen" <i_griffen@...> wrote:

        > Greetings All
        >
        > I don't know if Baron Conal is still on this list. I finished a
        > folding stool that I found that was presented by Baron Conal.
        >
        > Baron Conal would you email me off list i_griffen @ yahoo.com (remove
        > spaces) i have a couple of questions.
        >

        > YIS
        > Iain Griffen

        replied off list.... got no answer.....
      • Rhys Terafan Greydragon
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
          Greetings all,

              I ran across a 1929 book (that someone else was buying) on "Ancient Church Chests and Chairs, in the Home Counties round Greater London."

          Doing a search for it, I find a newly reprinted paperback titled  "Ancient Church Chests and Chairs In Middlesex, Hertforshire, Essex, Kent, and Surrey"   They claim it is the same book but I am curious as to the number and quality of the photographs and drawings (in the new book)...

          Does anyone have the new book?
            If so, what is the quality of the drawings and pictures?

          Anyone have both and can give an honest comparison??

          cheers,
             Terafan

          Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon     terafan@...
          Brewer, Tent and Furniture maker, and other things I can't remember...

        • i_griffen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
            Baron Conal

            I find this interesting, I did answer your missive I will try to
            resend it.

            Iain Griffen

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Hart" <baronconal@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "i_griffen" <i_griffen@>
            wrote:

            > > Greetings All
            > >
            > > I don't know if Baron Conal is still on this list. I finished a
            > > folding stool that I found that was presented by Baron Conal.
            > >
            > > Baron Conal would you email me off list i_griffen @ yahoo.com
            (remove
            > > spaces) i have a couple of questions.
            > >

            > > YIS
            > > Iain Griffen
            > >

            > replied off list.... got no answer.....

          • sdhunter3
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Rhys Terafan Greydragon"
              <terafan@...> wrote:

              > Greetings all,
              >
              > I ran across a 1929 book (that someone else was buying) on "Ancient
              > Church Chests and Chairs, in the Home Counties round Greater London."
              >
              > Doing a search for it, I find a newly reprinted paperback titled
              "Ancient
              > Church Chests and Chairs In Middlesex, Hertforshire, Essex, Kent, and
              > Surrey" They claim it is the same book but I am curious as to the
              number
              > and quality of the photographs and drawings (in the new book)...
              >
              > Does anyone have the new book?
              > If so, what is the quality of the drawings and pictures?
              >
              > Anyone have both and can give an honest comparison??
              >

              > cheers,
              > Terafan
              >
              > Master Rhys Terafan Greydragon terafan@...
              > Brewer, Tent and Furniture maker, and other things I can't remember...

              Master Rhys Terafan,

              A quick search on abebooks.com indicates that the complete title is:
              "Ancient Church Chests and Chairs in the Home Counties round Greater
              London being the tour of an antiquary with pencil and camera through
              the churches of Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent and Surrey."

              I don't have this book, but do have a copy of "Ancient Coffers and
              Cupboards, Their History and Description from the earliest times to
              the middle of the sixteenth century," by Fred Roe, Methuen & Co. 1902.
              The quality of the drawings and pictures in Ancient Coffers etc. are
              quite good. Many of the pieces I have not seen pictured elsewhere.
              Most of the line drawings have dimensions (l x w x h), and there are
              some drawings of construction details. Perhaps Ancient Church Chests
              etc. is similar.

              Master Sir Stanford
            • Keith Dombrowski
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
                I don't have the new one, but I do have the original. If someone with
                the new one is going to be at Barleycorn in Sept, we can do a comparison.

                -Kean

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
                  I have both. Both are by Roe and both have many very nice photos and
                  line drawings of a similar nature and style.

                  -Kean