RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Oily Rags,

  • logan
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 27, 2008

      the best policy for dealing with a rag soaked in linseed oil is to lay it out flat on concrete or place it in a shop can (metal can with a lid).  i use linseed on 90% of my projects and have never had a rag catch fire unintentionally.  i simply lay them out flat on the cement outside my shop.  about an hour later they are dry.  its when they get folded or balled up that they generate enough heat to combust.

      regards

      logan