Re: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for catapult plans

  • Michael T Combs
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10, 2008
      My Lord
      Contact Master Quinn at lordquinn@... he is the Society DEM for Seige weapons and he has created plans for a kittypult he might be willing to share.

      Michaeus

      --- On Thu, 7/10/08, kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote:
      From: kirkdrago <kith@...>
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for catapult plans
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 5:47 PM

      Does anyone know where I might find the plans for a catapult TOY?
      (not looking to make a real one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's
      recently to try something completely different.

      KirkD

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Rebekah d'Avignon
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
        I've found sites on the internet selling plans for models (up to 1/2 size) and there is a book called (I believe) Backyard Ballistics available from American Science and Surplus and, possibly, other book sellers.

        kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote:
        Does anyone know where I might find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something completely different.

        KirkD
        .

        RdA
        Tools alone do not a craftsman make.

      • Eric Hess
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
          New Stirling Arms carries a couple of different sizes of kits of nicely
          constructed catapults and trebuchets. If they don't have quite what
          you're looking for on their site, contact them and they might be able
          to help.

          > kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote: Does anyone know where I might
          find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real
          one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something
          completely different.

          > KirkD
        • kirkdrago
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
            Thanks, I'll see what they've got. I've also started sketching out
            my own design. If I complete that I'll post it in my album for anyone
            who wants.

            KirkD

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Rebekah d'Avignon
            <rebekahdavignon@...> wrote:

            > I've found sites on the internet selling plans for models (up to 1/2
            size) and there is a book called (I believe) Backyard Ballistics
            available from American Science and Surplus and, possibly, other book
            sellers.

            > kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote: Does anyone know where I might
            find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real
            one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something
            completely different.

            > KirkD
            >

            > .
            >

            > RdA
            > Tools alone do not a craftsman make.

          • jay sabath
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008
              I found this

              http://www.teachersource.com/Physics/Catapults/WorkingWoodCatapult.aspx

              and this

              http://www.instructables.com/id/Wooden-Desktop-Trebuchet/

              Hope it helps

              --
              Lord Johannes Machiavelli
              Shire of Rokkehealden
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
                It should be mentioned that trebuchets in miniature do not "scale up" well to full sized. The physics involved can be VERY different. With that said, I've built three different model trebuchets, one "hinged counterweight" and two traction. I've built only one traction treb full sized and it's still in trials. All are my own design. The counterweight model wins contests, usually handily (marshmallow "peep", 34 feet), so has been retired. If you'd like plans for any or all, contact me off list.

                Arqai