Looking for catapult plans

  • kirkdrago
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 10 5:47 PM
      Does anyone know where I might find the plans for a catapult TOY?
      (not looking to make a real one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's
      recently to try something completely different.

      KirkD
    • Michael T Combs
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10 5:52 PM
        My Lord
        Contact Master Quinn at lordquinn@... he is the Society DEM for Seige weapons and he has created plans for a kittypult he might be willing to share.

        Michaeus

        Does anyone know where I might find the plans for a catapult TOY?
        (not looking to make a real one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's
        recently to try something completely different.

        KirkD

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Rebekah d'Avignon
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11 4:07 AM
          I've found sites on the internet selling plans for models (up to 1/2 size) and there is a book called (I believe) Backyard Ballistics available from American Science and Surplus and, possibly, other book sellers.

          kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote:
          Does anyone know where I might find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something completely different.

          KirkD
          .

          RdA
          Tools alone do not a craftsman make.

        • Eric Hess
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11 7:23 AM
            New Stirling Arms carries a couple of different sizes of kits of nicely
            constructed catapults and trebuchets. If they don't have quite what
            you're looking for on their site, contact them and they might be able
            to help.

            > kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote: Does anyone know where I might
            find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real
            one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something
            completely different.

            > KirkD
          • kirkdrago
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 11 11:41 AM
              Thanks, I'll see what they've got. I've also started sketching out
              my own design. If I complete that I'll post it in my album for anyone
              who wants.

              KirkD

              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Rebekah d'Avignon
              <rebekahdavignon@...> wrote:

              > I've found sites on the internet selling plans for models (up to 1/2
              size) and there is a book called (I believe) Backyard Ballistics
              available from American Science and Surplus and, possibly, other book
              sellers.

              > kirkdrago <kith@...> wrote: Does anyone know where I might
              find the plans for a catapult TOY? (not looking to make a real
              one...yet) I've been getting the itchin's recently to try something
              completely different.

              > KirkD
              >

              > .
              >

              > RdA
              > Tools alone do not a craftsman make.

            • jay sabath
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 13 10:04 AM
                I found this

                http://www.teachersource.com/Physics/Catapults/WorkingWoodCatapult.aspx

                and this

                http://www.instructables.com/id/Wooden-Desktop-Trebuchet/

                Hope it helps

                --
                Lord Johannes Machiavelli
                Shire of Rokkehealden
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 14 6:37 AM
                  It should be mentioned that trebuchets in miniature do not "scale up" well to full sized. The physics involved can be VERY different. With that said, I've built three different model trebuchets, one "hinged counterweight" and two traction. I've built only one traction treb full sized and it's still in trials. All are my own design. The counterweight model wins contests, usually handily (marshmallow "peep", 34 feet), so has been retired. If you'd like plans for any or all, contact me off list.

                  Arqai