Re: Swiss-Army Knifes or Leathermen are PERIOD

  • slarm1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10 9:05 AM
      The next item down, the Hunting and Work Desk, reminds me of the piano
      makers toolbox poster from Fine Woodworking. Lovely pieces of work, and
      some of them made and used by the Elector himself. Great
      link....Stephan von Hesse
    • Alex Haugland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10 9:23 AM
        There are a couple that look like gimlets to me as well... The two polished shafts with dark points...  The one furthest around to the right appears to be a skew chisel...

        --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
        Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

        leaking pen wrote:

        I see a file, a saw, some heads that look like they are some type of
        allen keys that were custom shaped, and... a skeleton key!

        On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Ralph Lindberg <n7bsn@amsat. org> wrote:
        > http://www.gilbert- collection. org.uk/previous_ exhibitions/ dresden/index. html
        >
        > Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out
        >
        > TTFN
        > Ralg
        > AnTir

      • Avery Austringer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11 4:52 AM
          > Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out

          Someone lent me a book once called, "The Splendor of Dresden". I
          believe this was in there.

          The one I liked, though, was a rapier that, when your opponent says
          something like, "I know something you do not. I know that I am not
          left handed!" You can say, "I know something you do not." Then press a
          button and 20cm more blade pops out of the handle.

          Avery