Swiss-Army Knifes or Leathermen are PERIOD

  • Ralph Lindberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2008
      http://www.gilbert-collection.org.uk/previous_exhibitions/dresden/index.html

      Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out

      TTFN
      Ralg
      AnTir
    • leaking pen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2008
        I see a file, a saw, some heads that look like they are some type of
        allen keys that were custom shaped, and... a skeleton key!

        On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Ralph Lindberg <n7bsn@...> wrote:
        > http://www.gilbert-collection.org.uk/previous_exhibitions/dresden/index.html
        >
        > Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out
        >
        > TTFN
        > Ralg
        > AnTir

      • slarm1
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2008
          The next item down, the Hunting and Work Desk, reminds me of the piano
          makers toolbox poster from Fine Woodworking. Lovely pieces of work, and
          some of them made and used by the Elector himself. Great
          link....Stephan von Hesse
        • Alex Haugland
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2008
            There are a couple that look like gimlets to me as well... The two polished shafts with dark points...  The one furthest around to the right appears to be a skew chisel...

            --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
            Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

            On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Ralph Lindberg <n7bsn@amsat. org> wrote:
            > http://www.gilbert- collection. org.uk/previous_ exhibitions/ dresden/index. html
            >
            > Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out
            >
            > TTFN
            > Ralg
            > AnTir

          • Avery Austringer
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2008
              > Scroll down a bit more the 3/4's of the way and check this out

              Someone lent me a book once called, "The Splendor of Dresden". I
              believe this was in there.

              The one I liked, though, was a rapier that, when your opponent says
              something like, "I know something you do not. I know that I am not
              left handed!" You can say, "I know something you do not." Then press a
              button and 20cm more blade pops out of the handle.

              Avery