Re:Query on Joinery

  • tracystar2000
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 2, 2008
      Why, if I have never cut either joint by hand, am I making comments on
      their relative difficulty? Because I have cut enough joinery (by hand &
      machine) and carved enough wood to know the relative difficulty between
      the execution of the two joints.

      No, the box joint is not period - yes, the dovetail is. That question
      has been answered repeatedly over the last several days. The question
      of whether the box or dovetail was easier to cut by hand was then
      posed, to which I thought I would interject a bit of humor. Had I known
      that I would then be called on my "experience" as to whether or not I
      was quallified to answer the question (regardless of my experience in
      working and carving wood), I would have kept my fingers off of the
      keyboard and allowed you to continue to argue this non-period question
      ad nauseum.

      Argue on, I'll not interject again.
      Malaki
    • tracystar2000