re wooden candle stick

  • Hallie Ewanus
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2008
      If you could afford candles you could afford a non famable holder if
      not metal at least Pottery. The lower classes used rush lights or
      tallow lamps, bees wax and even tallow dips were costly. a lamp was a
      small pottery container with a wick.
      Todays ornamental wood candle holdwes have metal inserts and are
      still not very safe. in the far more famable period homes with thatch
      on roofs and rushes on floors the danger was far to great for thses to
      ever have been common.
      I leve wood but it's not the best material for every thing.
      Hallie in south fl.
    • leaking pen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2008
        Is famable supposed to be flammable? the entire text would make more
        sense if so.

        --
        That which yields isn't always weak.