9950Re: [MedievalSawdust] Let there be security! was Light!

  • Liedtke Goetz
    May 6, 2008
      Fortunately, despite my paranoid advice, I haven't needed that kind of
      security. I live in the lowest crime rate municipality in the state of
      New Mexico with a high cop-to-citizen ratio (mostly paid for by traffic
      tickets, unfortunately). I also live on a street that dead ends at the
      Rio Grande and doesn't appear on the main drag. We have quaint
      directions like "Turn on East Target, cross over the dirty ditch, turn
      right on the ditchbank, pass the big cottonwood and turn left after the
      adobe wall." In the 21 years I've lived here, the only thing we've
      ever had stolen were some cassette tapes from my wife's car. The next
      time our friend, the local cop, came by for coffee, she told him. He
      asked what artists were on the cassettes and after hearing the names
      said, "I know who would steal those." The tapes returned later that
      day.