9295Re: Woodworking at Estrella War

  • Eric
    Nov 6, 2007
      Johann,

      I'm looking forward to being your neighbor again, and will be
      bringing some sort of woodworking project for the event, although
      like you, I haven't figured out what to do yet, maybe a knock-down
      bench.

      Be seeing you there,
      Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
      Ashgrove, Barony of Angels, Caid

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, John LaTorre <jlatorre@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings, all!
      >
      > Once again, I'll be at the Period Encampment/Demo Center at
      Estrella
      > War, doing woodworking on-site. So far, I've made a bunch of
      stools, a
      > Mastermyr-style box, and an octave mandolin at various SCA events
      over
      > the years, all with hand tools. I'm kind of stuck for ideas this
      year,
      > and would appreciate any suggestions for a project that I could
      > accomplish in two or three days using hand tools only. I may make
      > simple musical instrument like a lyre, or perhaps another box or
      two.

      > Also, as usual, I'm inviting any woodworkers to participate with
      me.
      > Bring along a project of your own, and you can use my workbench
      and
      > tools (consisting of a frame saw, a wooden plane, a brace and
      several
      > bits, chisels, carving knives, clamps, and sharpening tools, among
      other
      > things). In years past, people have brought spring lathes to play
      with,
      > and used my tools to do finish projects like banner stands, rope
      beds,
      > and toys. So let's keep the party going! I only ask that you let
      me know
      > ahead of time, so I know what size sunshade to bring to ebssure we
      have
      > room for all.
      >
      > YIS,
      >
      > Johann von Drachenfels
      >
      > P.S I'm posting this missive on other lists as well, so please
      forgive
      > me if you've read this before.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic