9084Re: Period Methods & A & S Judging

  • i_odlin
    Sep 1, 2007
      Colin "AlbionWood" wrote:
      >If you really must have some competitive aspect, you could allow
      >"people's choice" awards or the like.

      Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I dislike "People's Choice"
      competitions even more than the run-of-the-mill A&S display.

      One could more honestly call them "OOH, SHINY!" competitions,
      as the winner is invariably the most gaudy item present, no
      matter how well made or well researched anything else is.

      Hand-stitched that perfect 'St Louis' shirt from linen you wove
      (on a loom you built) from flax you grew, harvested and processed
      yourself? Whatever! The winner is: This machine-stitched wench
      outfit in colourful acetate velvet that a child went nuts on with
      a 'Bedazzler' kit! Yay!

      -Iain
    • Show all 71 messages in this topic