7597Re: [MedievalSawdust] Before the Mast and ILL question

  • Bruce S. R. Lee
    Jan 3, 2007
      In Australia the major libraries will photocopy the relevant pages of
      their books if they don't want to let the original out of their
      possession - I obtained an article from the 'Salzburgerjahrbuch'(sp?)
      on the Hatra ballista this way, but they forgot the photographic
      plates which took me years to get copies of.

      If you want the page with the trestle details I can probably wrestle
      it onto my scanner & e-mail to a safe account. Come to think of it, I
      should make a set or two to take on my next camping event.

      Brusi of Orkney
      At 01:05 AM 3/01/2007, you wrote:
      >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce S. R. Lee"
      ><bsrlee2@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > They found a couple of trestles in the Mary Rose Wreck. Published in'
      > > Before the Mast' - Use Interlibrary loan (OK, I have a copy of my own
      > > ;-) ).
      >A question for the list -- has anyone actually been able to ILL this
      >book? I tried, and was told my requesting library couldn't get it for
      >me because it was too expensive a volume, and their sources wouldn't
      >supply it.
      >If you have been able to get it, Could you pleasepost here the library
      >that loaned it? I'd really appreciate it.
      >Gillian [reluctant to drop $100+ on a book until she's seen it] Durham
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic