635Re: [medievalsawdust] X-chairs Cheap!!

  • rmhowe
    May 5, 2003
      Joseph Hayes wrote:

      > --- Tim Bray <tbray@...> wrote:
      > > Guess I won't be making any of these... can't compete with a price
      > > like that!
      >
      > I guess that depends on your market. I made one for myself from 1x2
      > red oak trim and a few hours in the shop. I don't remember the price,
      > but it wasn't anywhere near $100.
      >
      > Ulrich

      Good point. I hadn't thought of starting one with something that
      simple. I suppose it's because I was used to getting the lumber
      out of the rough with large industrial machines. I suppose
      the bottoms might be something a bit wider and the tops made
      from turning squares - with a back slotted in.

      I showed my wife the web-page and the improvement needed
      for most folks, particularly us older ones is back support. If
      she'd wanted one I would have bought it for her. No back? Uh-uh!

      Thanks for sending the page though Tim, I forwarded it on locally.

      Magnus
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic