633Re: [medievalsawdust] X-chairs Cheap!!

  • Tim Bray
    May 5, 2003
      >I guess that depends on your market. I made one for myself from 1x2
      >red oak trim and a few hours in the shop. I don't remember the price,
      >but it wasn't anywhere near $100.

      Oh, yes, materials cost would be nowhere near $100. But I'm trying to make
      a living here, so the labor isn't free. I doubt I could make one
      start-to-finish, at the level of finish and detail that I'm happy with,
      fast enough to sell it for $100 and still make a living wage. (I'm
      guessing the people who assemble these are making substantially less than
      USA minimum wage...)

      Cheers,
      Colin

      Albion Works