5844Re: Copyright Question

  • Eric
    Mar 2, 2006
      I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV...

      I would argue that this board could be construed as a "non-commercial
      peer conference, workshop or seminar.

      But to be on the safe side, an intro should be written to frame the
      article into our area of interest with perhaps a referrence to an
      extant example and then insert the specific parts of the article that
      would be important to us. With ample credit given to the article's
      source, I would not think that there would be a problem.

      If anyone with rights to the work disagreed, the posting could be
      removed.

      Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
      Ulfsvikings, Barony of Angels, Caid

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Don Eisele <quixote@...> wrote:

      > >> I think you are trying to use the educational/research clause to
      justify
      > >> posting. I have two thoughts:
      > >> 1. This forum is not an educational institution
      > >
      > >It isn't? Oh, drat, I wanted to learn something....

      http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter7/7-
      b.html

      > "Educational purposes" means:...
      > * presentation of research findings at non-commercial peer
      conferences, workshops or seminars.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic