5836Re: [MedievalSawdust] Copyright Question

  • Ld. Robin Gallowglass
    Mar 2, 2006
      On Thursday 02 March 2006 11:59, Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

      > 1. There is a Fair Use exemption here.

      I disagree with you, so I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

      > 2. Even if the end result is to violate a copyright or if one of the
      > copyright holders wants you to THINK that there is - they will
      > send a cease and desist letter, and it can be taken down.

      Personally, being a copyright holder that has had his work infringed on many
      times, albeit inadvertently due to lack of understand of copyright, I like to
      err on the side of not doing anything that can potentially be a copyright
      violation. But that's me :)

      > 3. No one in their right mind would litigate this, even as a
      > copyright holder - it is not clear one would win, not clear
      > there are damages to be won, or that anyone would pay them.

      That's not a risk I'd be willing to take. Anybody can sue anybody for what
      ever reason, no matter how ridiculous. There are many, many examples of it,
      as you more than likely know.

      > Tibor

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic