4196RE: [MedievalSawdust] RE: rebuilding the workshop

    Apr 17, 2005
      Harken, hear, and heed.

      If it is lore of old power tools ye need, I can direct ye.

      But beware, for this way lies danger. The gentles I am sending you to
      have lost their way.

      They used to be woodworkers, but the passion for "old arn" bites without
      warning, and bites deep. Oh, certes, occasionally one of these lads will
      remember why we MAKE sawdust, and will turn out a decent piece, but they
      are far happier re-wiring switches and restoring old equipment.

      They were very helpful to me in getting an old 6" jointer back into
      working order not too far back. And I'm looking at re-wiring my wife's
      grandfather's industrial Tannewitz bandsaw.

      But I can quit any time I want.

      Hie thee to www.owwm.com. They call this the Mothersite, wherein old
      manuals are scanned and stored. It's open to the public at no cost.
      You can also join the discussion list.

      Just don't say I didn't warn you.

      Master Will
      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood