3447Re: [MedievalSawdust] mid 15th century cabinetry

  • Tim Bray
    Jan 4, 2005
      Rhys -

      I put up a few pix of 15th c. cabinetry in the Photos section for this
      group a while back. Look in the album titled "Cup-boards and
      dressoirs." I have a lot more photos of various similar items that I
      haven't scanned in yet. Are you looking for anything in particular?

      Also, this may be splitting hairs, but I suspect most of these objects are
      late-15th c. rather than mid-15th. The really Gothic-looking cupboards -
      the ones with the crested baldaquin arching over the top - might be ca.
      1470; the others are probably 1480 to 1500.

      Cheers,
      Colin

      Albion Works
      Furniture and Accessories