3129Woodworking at Estrella War

  • John LaTorre
    Nov 1, 2004
      Greetings, all!

      This message is specifically for those who are planning to attend the SCA's
      Estrella War in Arizona this coming February. It is also posted on similar
      lists; please forgive the cross-posting should you run into it again.

      I expect to be camping in the Demo Area again this year, and will be
      bringing my workbench and such tools as I normally bring to events (saw,
      plane, clamps, chisels, mallets, etc.). I hereby invite all woodworkers to
      join me in this endeavor, and to bring their own tools and equipment, and
      such projects as they would like to work on during the event. I would hope
      that by sharing tools and ideas, we could put on a better demo than I alone
      could do, and that we could exchange ideas and generally have fun making
      wood chips and sawdust.

      I'll also be teaching classes in sharpening and carving, either at the demo
      center or at the collegium area as part of the Arts & Sciences (which were
      very close together in previous years, so it shouldn't make too much
      difference where the class is to be held).

      If you are interested in participating, please email me or telephone me at
      (916) 457-2321 by the end of the year. Let me know what sort of equipment
      you might be bringing, and what you'd like to work on. I need your input,
      because and the demo center autocrat would like to know how much area we'll
      be needing to put under canvas.

      Happy woodworking!

      Baron Johann von Drachenfels (John LaTorre)
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic