300Re: [medievalsawdust] What was I thinking?

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Dec 24, 2002
      You guys have to learn to stop it befor it happens!!! Once working in an
      Air Force wood hobby shop I stopped a friend who was just getting ready to
      use the big shop shapper(2-3Horse cut your finger off then pull the rest of
      your arm in type) to route the edge of a drop leaf table. I told him to
      stop and consider: one he was tired from working on the peice all
      afternoon, two he was near the end of the project, and three it was near
      closing time and I could see him rushing just a little harder to get it
      done. I told him to slow down and think of the accident he was set up to
      have. That is all it took.

      It is very hard to prove you prevented an accident but here and now I claim
      to have done just that. It takes only pause to grab a push stick, use a
      finger board, or just stop and think to prevent accidents.

      James Cunningham