298Re: [medievalsawdust] What was I thinking?

  • Dan Baker
    Dec 24, 2002
      Ooops, sorry about that last one, wrong button.

      I had a lick or two with tools myself. A moments disraction around tools
      can make for a world of hurt. I took off the tip of a finger with a jointer
      more then 20 years ago.

      There was a news article here about a year ago about the subject of care
      with tools of any kind. It seems some poor soul decided to cut a branch off
      of a tree with his brand new chainsaw. He put up the ladder and proceded to
      cut. His main problem was the ladder was supported by the branch he was
      cutting. As the branch went, so did the ladder sending him down into the
      bushes below. The the chainsaw hit him in the leg, still running, the
      branch fell across his chest, and to add insult to injury, there was a large
      wasp next in the bushes he landed in. Pinned by the branch, he was rescued
      by a neighbor who heard the screams. The man survived, thankfully with only
      a few scars.

      I think about that poor fellow at times when I am considering how to setup a
      project. Think things through, consider what could, might, or will happen
      when you start using your tools.

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw