Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

2583Re: [MedievalSawdust] Tool for round tenons?

Expand Messages
  • James Winkler
    Jul 1, 2004
      Of course..  one way to point dowels on a lathe is to buy a fairly expensive 'pattern follower'...  or copy set.  You could make consistant round tenons that way...  expensive... by consistant...  then again... ya' could learn to turn REALLY WELL...
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:17 AM
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Tool for round tenons?

      > The tool is called a stail engine or rounder plane

      Thanks for the tip.  I've seen rounder planes, but all were hand

      > Of course these solutions assume that the tenon is the same size as
      > the rail, producing straight grained round cross sections.

      Here in Ohio, we call that a dowel.  ;)


      Do you Yahoo!?
      Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic