2489Re: Hinge Help

  • B.S.R.Lee
    May 31, 2004
      I bent up a set of hinges for a chest a few months ago. No need for a
      fire-up, unless you want to totally re-finish the hinges - the most useful
      thing for bending sheet steel I found is one of the bending jigs that fit
      in a vice.

      One side is a single blade and the other is a matching 'V' notch - both
      sides have magnets so they will stay in place while you position the piece
      & crank the vice handle.

      Lee Valley have the basic set, MicroMark have a basic 3" and a delix 4" one
      with a split blade so you can make small metal boxes.

      regards
      Brusi
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic