2481RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Lee Valley & Hinge Help

    May 28, 2004
      --- Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:
      > Got it in one. I took them to the anvil out back
      > and bent them
      > 90degrees to wrap them around the top. It
      > incidentally bent the things
      > RIGHT ON TOP OF two of my nail holes. Grrr. So up
      > close it doesn't
      > look right. But nobody but me seems to look that
      > close.
      > Will

      Cut a nail off close to the head and peen it
      over like a rivet to fill the hole. I've done
      that many times. ( mostly because I can't find
      any hinges where the first hole is more than 1"
      from the pivot.... )

      Does not look perfect, but it looks better
      than an open nila/screw hole.

      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix