      From: Chris Larsson (Hrelgar) [mailto:igelkottinus@...]
      Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 9:40 PM
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Lee Valley & Hinge Help

      Ok, while you guys are on this subject, I've been wondering.....

      If you mount the hinges with the strap on the inside of the top then
      the hinge pin would end up in the what I consider the correct
      position... at the gap between the top and the bottom of the box.
      However, If you keep the hinge on the outside, then the actual hinge
      pin would end up aligned with the top of the top. To me this looks
      kind of funky.

      Do you bend the hinges 90 degrees at a point even with the thickness
      of the top of the box above the hinge pin? Essentially so the hinge
      strap wraps around the back of the top and over the top?

      Chris

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic