2477Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Lee Valley & Hinge Help

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    May 27, 2004
      I too like the bent hinges where the hinge pin is even with the crack
      between the top and box. If the top is thick enough you can put screws or
      nails into the edge of the top. I have seen the bent hinges on period boxes
      but the nails in the edge of the top(through the hinge) I have not seen.

      James Cunningham
      To me this looks
      > kind of funky.
      >
      > Do you bend the hinges 90 degrees at a point even with the thickness
      > of the top of the box above the hinge pin? Essentially so the hinge
      > strap wraps around the back of the top and over the top?
      >
      > Chris
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic