16011Re: [MedievalSawdust] RE: Adventures in oak

  • conradh@...
    Sep 13, 2013

      > If you are thinking of trying this project my suggestion is "just do it"
      > the worst case is that you have a lot of fire wood :-)
      >
      > Peter

      I've seen a lot of people surprised at just how much wood is available for
      the asking, if you don't mind putting in some work.

      Since we heat the house with wood, your fallback suggestion is very
      relevant for us too. It helps to hang loose too--sometimes it's a great
      looking tree that's impossible inside, so you go out after project wood
      and come back with stuff to split for the woodstove. And then I'm going
      after firewood and finding stuff that's too good to burn.

      Making space to store both helps a lot!
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic