      From: Julian Wilson <lhjw66576@...>
      To: Jerry Harder <geraldgoodwine@...>
      Cc: "medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com" <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:06 AM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Period Lighting for tents - new pictures from Matthewe Baker [5 Attachments]

      Dear Jerry,
       all I did was to post pictures, a few of which I am attaching direct to you personally; - knowing that other Group members won't see them because the Group mailbox strips such attachments..
      And I owe you an apology - I posted those pics in Albums on the Medieval Encampments Yahoo Group, meaning to repost them for this group and forgot to do so.
      Incidentally,  - the orginal Illumination for the chandelier - that is only in ONE of the four surviving copies of the famous "Livre Des Tournois" - the one in Flanders, not the one in the National Bibliotheque de France! The Illuminations are slightly different in all four of the surviving copies when compared one with another; - informed opinion is that each copy was illuminated in a different Studio - or at the least by different Limners.
      That Flemish copy IS viewable online, and it's the last illumination in the Copy - titled  in translation - "Presenting The Prizes", but you won't get much more from looking at the online digitised pictures than you have gotten from Master Greydragon's posted copy, [copy attached from the online book] because the wooden  chandelier is only a tiny detail at the top of the picture, as you'll see.
      Best Wishes,
       Matthewe Baker
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic