15676Re: [MedievalSawdust] Drafting program

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Apr 24, 2013
      I still use GenericCAD (DOS based) on an XP
      machine. I've tried many CAD packages (including
      Autocad), but still keep going back. Most of the
      time I just need a 2D drawing and not 3D.
      Unfortunately, DOS packages won't run on Windows7
      and above, so at some point I'll need to port to
      a Linux and see if I can get it to run on the DOS
      emulation there. There is (finally) a package
      that uses the GenericCAD commands and files, but
      it is quite expensive. I run it's trial version
      for viewing old drawings on the newer machines.
      For image processing, I use Photoshop.

      Beth Matney

      At 08:30 AM 4/24/2013, you wrote:

      >"doesn't go well with the way I think"
      >
      >That's the way with me for every CAD program
      >I've ever tried. Even though I work in IT, my
      >artistic side just won't mesh. I end up resorting to pencil and paper.
      >
      >Duncan Sinclair the Cordwanier (MKA: Chris Anderson)
      >KC9UVB
      >Barony of Sternfeld
      >Middle Kingdom
      >
      >Greenwood #514, F&AM