15611Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Harvesting your own wood

  • Lynda Fjellman
    Mar 11, 2013

      woodworking tends to be wasteful. splitting or sawing while the wood is green/wet helps minimize the waste. By minimizing the random splitting.

      Wasteful is in the eye of the beholder.  I would be willing to bet that every bit of the "wasted" wood from woodworking is useful on a farm.
      I use sawdust and chips either on my garden/compost pile or in my animals stalls, and small pieces go in the fire.  When you heat/cook with wood you need a lot of "waste wood".
      Ilaria
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic