15510glue - was Re: Essential Tools

  • karincorbin
    Feb 13, 2013
      None of the protein (animal) glues...hide, fish, gelatin, cheese, casien are heat resistant. Heat is one of the ways to get them to give up their grip so repairs can be made to furniture.

      You will need to use mechanical type of fasteners in addition to glue or to use wedge locking joint designs if heat is going to be an issue.

      Karin

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Sir David Vavreck wrote:

      > Me, too.
      >
      > I am currently in need of information on period heat-resistant glue for a project I am working on.
      >

      > > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, lists lists wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am quite curious about cheese lime glue as well. Please do post a link if
      > > > you can. Thank you.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic