      From: Dan Baker <LordRhys@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, 26 January 2013, 18:23
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Camp Clothes Rack

      I would mortise and tennon the legs into the feel, move the lower cross support down, and change the dowels to 1x2s do a through tennon on the sides and pin them with wedges,  This would allow for easy packing, pull 4 wedges and it comes apart for packing.

      -Capten Rhys

      On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM, James Daily <dailyje@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I've been thinking about making a portable clothes rack for storing clothes while camping.  I came across this design on lumberjocks

      any thoughts, particularly on how the uprights are joined to the feet?  I assume mortise and tenon.  Also, I don't anticipate the lower dowel being used for anything except structural support.  Could it be moved lower, almost to the feet?  I worry if I did that it might have a tendency to rack.

      Thanks,
      James

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic