      Hal,

       It looks like you and Rhys came to similar conclusions.  Thank you for the picture and the tip about the length of the wedge.

      -James

      On Jan 26, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Gary Link <halraeburn@...> wrote:

      I made this one for Pennsic almost 20 years ago(all hand made) and I've sold about a doz.(using a router) of them over the years. The feet are M/T jointed the cross pieces through T with a 6-8" vertical wedge.The wedge is critical, the length of the bearing service between the top and bottom cross pieces keep the Rack from racking side to side. It sets up and brakes down in minutes.

      In Service
      Hal

      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      From: dailyje@...
      Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:06:15 -0600
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Camp Clothes Rack

      Hi,

      I've been thinking about making a portable clothes rack for storing clothes while camping.  I came across this design on lumberjocks

      any thoughts, particularly on how the uprights are joined to the feet?  I assume mortise and tenon.  Also, I don't anticipate the lower dowel being used for anything except structural support.  Could it be moved lower, almost to the feet?  I worry if I did that it might have a tendency to rack.

      Thanks,
      James

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic