15459Re: [MedievalSawdust] 2 methods of build a coffer

  • Jim Hart
    Dec 31, 2012
      That really depends on how accurately you feel you can match the parts if made separately.

      You have answered your own question you just have to decide which YOU can do better.

      Your own skills are the decision making aspect.

      Consider masking tape ( the blue kind ) as a way to hold parts together or bungee cords ( put wax paper under them
      where they might contact glue. ) as a flexible 'clamp'

      On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Scot Eddy <mister_eddy2003@...> wrote:

      I want to make a curved lid coffer for a friend. Would it be better to build the box and lid separately or should I build it in one piece and cut the lid off as I would a cubical box?

      If I do them separately I can clamp and glue the curved wood more efficiently, but with the one piece construction the lid and box are the same size and fit better.

      Thoughts?

      Grace and Peace,

      Jovian

      --