15454Re: [MedievalSawdust] Building a tromba marina

  • Stuart
    Dec 29, 2012
      Nicely done;

      I've made a couple of trombas, one from the Memling Angels altar piece C1480 and one from later similar to yours.

      Fun aren't they? the most amusing part was when I took the Memling and my organistrum down south to kingdom A&S and the border guards got all excited as they decided I had guns in the cases. They were so disapointed when pistols in hand they opened up the cases and just found a weird musical instruments with a crazy guy happy to tell them everything they never wanted to know about them. :)

      Keep up the good work.

      Aleyn Wykington O.L.
      Shire of Hartwood
      Tir Righ

      On 12/29/2012 10:58 AM, Robert Capozello wrote:
      Hi folks!
      Thought you all might be interested in a project I just finished - a musical instrument called a tromba marina.
      -- Marcellus

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic