15391Portable Workbench

  • Dave Ordway
    Nov 6, 2012
      Greetings,

      I've been kicking around the idea of making a woodworking bench that is collapsible or disassembles to bring to demos and faires.  I'd like it to resemble something period but be as functional as a folding Workmate.  It will mainly be used as a clamping table for sawing, chiseling, and planing.  I have some ideas but thought I would throw it out to the group to see if anyone has any ideas or experiences.  Material wise;  it would have to be stable and sturdy but hopefully not weigh a hundred pounds (for example Oak).  Any thoughts?

      Lagerstein
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic