14201Re: Looking for exotic wood's.

  • Ralph
    Mar 19, 2011
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Dais" <darksoulzero3@...> wrote:
      > I know a lot of you do wood working. Most of it in pine, but has anyone found a decent source of exotic woods in size's like 2x6x12? Or does anyone have anything extra they want to get rid of?

      Woodfinder is my general "go to" source. But I layer that with "shipping wood is a killer" and try to find sources I can drive to from that.

      Just this week I picked up some B Rosewood, Sapele, Purple Heart, Claro Walnut and Tulipwood (all cut-offs). Along with the 8/4 Cherry I went there for. All from a place that is about 60 miles away. If I had to pay shipping on that the price would have at least doubled.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic