      From: klausvmainz <adamjh@...>
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Cynagua Thrones
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 7:53 PM

      Hello,

      I don't post very often, but I finished this project a couple of months ago and thought some of you might find it of interest:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/herr_klaus/

      The project was a pair of thrones for the Principality of Cynagua in the West Kingdom made out of quarter-sawn white oak. The design was based on 15th century thrones of state with a mix of gothic tracery and linenfold design motifs. The Principality shields were carved separately and glued into place. The intent was to create a pair of thrones that could hopefully compliment the West kingdom thrones design-wise when placed next to them.

      Each throne breaks down into 5 parts and 4 wedges. Overall height is 54" IIRC.

      Thanks,
      Klaus

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic