12808Re: [MedievalSawdust] Standebuch illustrations--furniture index!

  • conradh@efn.org
    Jul 2, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 13 KB
    On Fri, July 2, 2010 8:22 am, Bill Schongar (bschonga) wrote:
    > I'm betting other folks knew this already, but all the illustrations
    > from Jost Amman's 'Standebuch' appear to be online, many stored in
    > Wikimedia.
    > Here's a link to one index I found:
    > http://www.larsdatter.com/standebuch.htm

    Thank you for that online reference! I had never hunted one up, and
    having one will be handy.

    Using my hard copy (Dover reprint) I compiled an index a few years ago, of
    all the furniture-related information I could dig out of those
    illustrations. Many of them are just useful details from the rooms of
    workers in materials other than wood.

    I'm attaching a copy of my index, hopefully it can save someone some time.

  • Show all 3 messages in this topic