12791Re: ottoman chairs

  • RuthT
    Jun 30, 2010
      I don't have any pix taken of it, but I own a real antique one.

      dark-stained (?) wood
      Tons of Mother-of-pearl inlay, coveing it, in the form of flower petals.
      Each is encased in flattened silver, and held in place with rosin in the carved out inset area made for each piece.

      Many of the pearl pieces have been lost over the course of time, but it has So Many, that the lost ones are hardly noticable/wort dweling over.

      I can't get/post a pix for awhile, as the chair is in high and dry storage, until I can Finally finish the inside of the Middle Eastern Library building here, that it will be permanently installed in here, as my Personal library chair (Hastar has his own,....a reproduction, Savonarola chair,......to flank the fireplace and we have camel saddles for foot stools........my library is gonna be SO COOL !!!!
      - Shara

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Dan Baker <LordRhys@...> wrote:

      > looking for information on ottoman chairs/thrones, anyone got any links or
      > pics?
      >
      > -Rhys
      >
      > --

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic